viernes, 15 de abril de 2016

Escenas y Diálogos (48): The Infinite Sea

Sección que creó el blog Paradise Of Words, que consiste en escribir las escenas y diálogos que te gustaron de un libro que leíste.      
 * Esta sección puede tener spoilers *

 There's nothing left to say. There're a million things left to say. 
 “Thank you for saving my life.”
 “I put a bullet in your side and now you might die.”
 He smiles. His teeth seem very white surrounded by the scruffy beard, and now, because he suggested it, I think about kissing him.
 Sharing a body with a human psyche carried with it the danger of adopting human vices–as well as human virtues. And far more dangerous than greed or lust or envy or any of those things–or anything–was love.
 Grace laughed. “You should never have been integrated, Evan Walker. You feel far too much for them to be one of them.”
 It wasn't the future that frightened her; it was the past.
 Darkness rolled over the face of the Earth, and Evan Walker tumbled down to the lightless bottom, to a hidden room that danced in light and her face the source of that light, and he had no explanation for it, how her face illumed the lightless place inside.
 She illumined the lightless–her life the lamp, the last star in a dying universe.
 Get ready, because when you crush the humanity out of humans, you're left with humans with no humanity.
 Ben Parish was drowning. He was so far under, I wasn't sure I could reach him, wasn't sure I have the strength to pull him back to the surface.
 He pushed past me and limped down the hall to the broken door, and I couldn't move, I couldn't speak. I didn't lift a finger or frame and argument to stop him. I'd reached the end of words, and gestures seemed pointless.
 I liked his touch too much, I decided. I needed to work on not liking it so much. And also work on not liking the way he looked at me as if I were the last person on Earth, which I actually thought I was before he found me.
 “I found you, but in finding you, I lost myself. Nothings was clear anymore. Nothing was simple.”
 It isn't that the lies are too beautiful to resist. It's that the truth is too hideous to face.
 And I don't know which is more inhuman: the alien beings that created this new world or the human being who considers, if only for an instant, pressing the green button.
 “I joke all the time.”
 “Right. But they're so subtle that only smart people get them.”
 He leans forward and kisses me hard on the mouth.
 “Don't ever do that again,” I tell him.
 “Why? Because you liked it or because you didn't?”
 “Both.”
 He brought me from the tomb. He raised me from the dead. He risked his life so I might have mine.
 After my father died, I built a fortress safe and strong to last a thousand years. A mighty stronghold that crumbles with a kiss.
 “He fell in love, and love is the only weakness.”

No hay comentarios :

Publicar un comentario